The Department of Special Education at the University of Utah invites applications for an Assistant Professor tenure-track position to begin August 2024.
The Department of Special Education at the University of Utah (https://special-ed.utah.edu/ ) invites applications for an Assistant Professor tenure-track position to begin August 2024. We seek an individual with demonstrated ability or strong potential for success in research and teaching in Adapted Physical Education. With the growing diversity of its schools and communities across the state, the University of Utah is committed to training future professionals to work effectively with diverse populations.
The expectations for this position include conducting research in the area of Adapted Physical Education; teach undergraduate, master, and doctoral level courses in Adapted Physical Education and Special Education; engage in service to the profession and the University; engage in outreach to local and state agencies and the community; participate in external grant-writing activities; and manage the existing U-FIT community program designed to support individuals with disabilities with support of a full-time Graduate Student Teaching Assistant (https://special-ed.utah.edu/u-fit/index.php).
The Department of Special Education is aligned with the University of Utah's mission to conduct interdisciplinary research (supporting the goal to develop and transfer new knowledge) to engage multiple communities to support improvements in quality of life outcomes for children and students. Preference will be given to candidates who have
· An earned doctorate in special education, kinesiology, or a closely related field focused on Adapted Physical Education by August 15, 2024
· A record of scholarly achievement or strong evidence of potential as a scholar
· A record of evidence or potential for effective teaching in higher education
· Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice across research, teaching, and service
· Ability to develop and maintain strong collegial and collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, students, and members of the community
· A record of evidence or strong evidence of potential for obtaining externally funded research or training grants
· Minimum of three years of successful teaching experience in Special Education and/or Adapted Physical Education
For more information about the position and a description of the application procedures, please go to https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/153459. File review will begin 10/30/2023 and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator. Minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans' preference is extended to qualified veterans. Reasonable accommodations for a disability will be provided with adequate notice. For additional information about the University's commitment to equal opportunity and access, see http://www.utah.edu/nondiscrimination/.